October fly-in

All things flight-related: flying plans, site info, weather, flight reports, etc. Newcomers welcome!

October fly-in

Postby Terry Bono » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 pm

I spoke with Blue Mt about the possibility of having a fly-in one weekend in October. I told them we would like to also dress up in costumes and film the event. They love the idea and fully support the activity.
We will plan the event for one weekend in October 2014. We'll leave weekend open to the first good North weekend in October. I can give a three day notice to all pilots interested. I will do a final confirmation right befor the weekend. Please start making your costumes now and have them ready so when we call the weekend, you will be ready.
You can just fun fly if you want but It would be fun to see several pilots dressed up. There is plenty of room for camping and it's free. We also have room for tents at our home.( 5 minutes from the mountain.) anyone is welcome to stay with us.
The new launch is beautiful and its next to the restaurant, bar, bathrooms and many fire pits for evening partier's. The new launch is free of any wires and chairlifts, Now anyone can literally drive from the L-Z to launch and park 50 cars up there. The new L-Z is easily reachable with a sled ride. It's three times the size of the old L-Z , it's all nicely groomed grass and vary forgiving. We have P-2 's landing there all the time.
We will be doing tandems and expect a lot of spectators. There will be no charge to any pilots that join us but all pilots must sign the waiver.
Please let us know if your coming 610-392-0050
Attachments
IMG_9235.JPG
IMG_9262.jpg
Terry Bono

Return to Flight Topics